Paj-Puj: The Use of ئۆز to Express Independence
The Use of ئۆز to Express Independence
«مۇستەقىللىق بىلدۈرىدىغان «ئۆز
It is also possible for the possessive forms of ئۆز to carry an adverbial role that emphasizes the independence of the subject with regard to a certain action or event. This is very much analogous to what one sees in English with expressions like "(all) by myself", "on her own volition", or "on your own". As such structures are essentially adverbs, standard usage requires that they come directly before the action.
I did this myself.
.بۇنى مەن ئۆزۈم قىلدىم
You'll do it yourself.
.بۇ ئىشنى ئۆزۈڭ ئىشلەيسەن
- Personal research/experience
- Frederick De Jong, "A Grammar of Modern Uyghur". Houtsma Stichting: Utrecht, 2007. (p. 69)
- Hämit Tömür, "Modern Uyghur Grammar" (translation by Anne Lee). Yıldız: Istanbul, 2003. (p. 206)
- Reinhard F. Hahn, Ablahat Ibrahim, "Spoken Uyghur". University of Washington Press: Seattle, 1991. (p. 326)
- E. N. Nadzhip, "Modern Uigur". Nauka Publishing House: Moscow, 1971. (p. 102)
- G. Raquette, "Eastern Turki Grammar: Practical and Theoretical with Vocabulary". Reichsdruckerei: Berlin, 1912. (p. 150, 171)
- 米海力, "维吾尔语喀什话研究"。中央民族大学出版社: 北京, 1997。 (p. 84)
- Gulnisa Nazarova, Kurban Niyaz, "Uyghur: An Intermediate Textbook". Georgetown University Press: 2016. (p. 65)