Paj-Puj: Alternate Number Expressions
Alternate Number Expressions
باشقا ئىشلىتىلىدىغان سان
Occasionally, one may encounter the word تۈمەن ("ten thousand"), although the standard ئون مىڭ is more common.
It is worth noting that there doesn't exist the "hundreds alternative" to round four-digit numbers the way that there does in English. In other words, Uyghur speakers generally will not express a number like "one thousand five hundred" as "fifteen hundred" (ئون بەش يۈز being considered incorrect).
- Personal research/experience
- Gulnisa Nazarova, Kurban Niyaz, "Uyghur: An Elementary Textbook". Georgetown University Press: 2013. (p. 213)
- Frederick De Jong, "A Grammar of Modern Uyghur". Houtsma Stichting: Utrecht, 2007. (p. 87)
- Reinhard F. Hahn, Ablahat Ibrahim, "Spoken Uyghur". University of Washington Press: Seattle, 1991. (p. 594)
- E. N. Nadzhip, "Modern Uigur". Nauka Publishing House: Moscow, 1971. (p. 95)
- G. Raquette, "Eastern Turki Grammar: Practical and Theoretical with Vocabulary". Reichsdruckerei: Berlin, 1912. (p. 138)