Paj-Puj: The Particle غۇ|قۇ for Emphasis
The Particle غۇ|قۇ for Emphasis
تەكىتلەش رولىدىكى «غۇ|قۇ» يۈكلىمىسى
The particle غۇ|قۇ may be attached to different elements of a sentence to emphasize that the stated action or state almost certainly applies to the emphasized element. This is often analogous to the English "of all..." expressions - e.g., "of all people" or "of all things". In other cases, this is more analogous to "as far as... is concerned / goes", and serves to emphasize the element to which the غۇ|قۇ is attached.
They, of all people, must know.
.ئۇلارغۇ چوقۇم بىلىدۇ
My friend, of all people, has certainly heard of this.
.دوستۇمغۇ بۇ ئىشتىن خەۋەر تاپتى
As far as passing the exam goes, it's quite clear that Tursun will pass.
.تۇرسۇننىڭ ئىمتىھاندىن ئۆتۈشىغۇ بەك ئېنىق
Hey, I'm a village boy, and no stranger to farm animals.
.مەنغۇ يېزىدىن كەلگەن بالا، ئات ـ ئۇلاغ ماڭا يات ئەمەس
- Personal research/experience
- Tarjei Engesæth, Mahire Yakup, Arienne M. Dwyer, "Greetings from the Teklimakan: a handbook of Modern Uyghur". University of Kansas: Kansas, 2009. (p. 187)
- Frederick De Jong, "A Grammar of Modern Uyghur". Houtsma Stichting: Utrecht, 2007. (p. 212)
- Hämit Tömür, "Modern Uyghur Grammar" (translation by Anne Lee). Yıldız: Istanbul, 2003. (p. 494)
- Reinhard F. Hahn, Ablahat Ibrahim, "Spoken Uyghur". University of Washington Press: Seattle, 1991. (p. 272)
- E. N. Nadzhip, "Modern Uigur". Nauka Publishing House: Moscow, 1971. (p. 126-127)
- خالىق نىياز, "基础维吾尔语"。新疆大学出版社: 乌鲁木齐, 2006。 (p. 453)