Paj-Puj: Plural Suffixes to Represent a Group of People
Plural Suffixes to Represent a Group of People
بىر توپ كىشىگە ۋەكىللىك قىلىدىغان كۆپلۈك قوشۇمچىسى
When added to the name of a person, the plural suffixes create a structure analogous to "...and others", and serve to represent that person together with a group of people affiliated with him or her. Such "groups" are very general and can consist of family members, classmates, coworkers, friends, etc., with the concrete meaning usually clear from the context.
Give Emet and the others my regards.
.ئەمەتلەرگە مەندىن سالام ئېيتىڭ
- Personal research/experience
- Renee D. Gaines, "Beginning Uyghur for English Speakers". Xinjiang University Press: Urumqi, 2010. (p. 32)
- Tarjei Engesæth, Mahire Yakup, Arienne M. Dwyer, "Greetings from the Teklimakan: a handbook of Modern Uyghur". University of Kansas: Kansas, 2009. (p. 74)
- Frederick De Jong, "A Grammar of Modern Uyghur". Houtsma Stichting: Utrecht, 2007. (p. 18)
- Hämit Tömür, "Modern Uyghur Grammar" (translation by Anne Lee). Yıldız: Istanbul, 2003. (p. 49)
- Reinhard F. Hahn, Ablahat Ibrahim, "Spoken Uyghur". University of Washington Press: Seattle, 1991. (p. 119, 167, 418)
- E. N. Nadzhip, "Modern Uigur". Nauka Publishing House: Moscow, 1971. (p. 69, 80)